Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sergio Mendes & Brasil '77 - I Believe (1974)

Let's start with an artist that needs a place on every Bossa Nova discography, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '77 - I believe (1974), for Som Livre. I could not find much info when searching about this record. It was released in Brasil, but all songs have English lyrics and are performed by an as far as I know not recognized female singer.

I need to admit that I'm not as good as I should be on Sergio Mendes, so I will let with you this time the nice work of gathering info about this record. The cover is a perfect translation of the mid 70's way of life. Now I understand why zecalouro's mother was really afraid when he left home to nightclubs wearing these crazy clothes that had only place in the 70's.

Everything is collapsing at the Internet, Blogger, YouTube (yesterday) and now this nice sound sample streaming is down for maintenance. I will skip it this time, until they get back to business. Tracks include:

01 - If I Ever Lose This Heaven (L. Ware / P. Sawyer)
02 - Lookin' For Another Pure Love (Stevie Wonder)
03 - All In Love Is Fair (Stevie Wonder)
04 - Let Them Work It Out (T. Bell / L. Creed)
05 - The Trouble With Hello Is Goodbye (D. Crusin / M. Bergman / A. Bergman)
06 - Here Comes The Sun (George Harrison)
07 - Davy (B. Ighner)
08 - I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) (Stevie Wonder / S. Wright)
09 - Someday We'll All Be Free (D. Hathway)
10 - You Been Away Too Long (B. Ighner)


Another strike of Mr. K. from Japan, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '77 - I Believe (1974), at Loronix, here.

Hope uEnjoy!