Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Carioca and His Orchestra - Bossa Nova on Fire (1963)

Hello, Good Night! Today I'm feeling really tired. I slept badly last night, less than two hours. The name of the disease is called "computer problems". A big problem this time. I have been with computer for the last twenty years and I never loose a battle with them. I will make another round tonight, but I'm afraid to loose. It is a minor problem, a DVD-ROM attached with as a USB device isn't working anymore. Corrupted ATPI drivers that I know by heart how to replace are not working. The final solution is a full SO reinstall with all customizations made to Loronix on the drain.

Sorry about this, I'm really disappointed and sometimes is good share with Loronixers some feelings.

Anyway, let's forget it for the next 5 hours, another Loronix day is just starting, starting great with another Mr. X. contribution. This is Carioca and His Orchestra - Bossa Nova on Fire (1963), for Musidisc. I'm not translating the title, for a reason that I do not know why, both artist and record name is in English. Perhaps Nilo Sergio and Maestro Carioca had the international market on their minds. The production is great, nice cover artwork, superb sound quality and 320Kbps MP3s provided by Mr. X. Tracks include:

01 - Ginga Nº 7 (Ivan Paulo da Silva "Carioca")
02 - Nunca Mais (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César)
03 - O Barquinho (Roberto Menescal / Ronaldo Bôscoli)
04 - História (Nilo Sergio)
05 - Pergunte ao João (Helena Silvia / Milton Costa)
06 - Samba Toff (Orlann Divo / Roberto Jorge)
07 - Samba Em Brasa (Ivan Paulo da Silva "Carioca")
08 - Amanhã Eu Vou (Nilo Sergio)
09 - Mulata Assanhada (Ataulfo Alves)
10 - Parti (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César)