Monday, January 29, 2007

Anna Lucia - O Encanto e a Voz de Anna Lucia (1961)

Friends, I'm really moved by that Ze Carioca film. I think many friends from Brazil in the age of 35 to 45 are having the same feeling. Anyway, the show must go on.

We will see here a great Brazilian singer on another fine Caetano release. By the way, people think that I'm an expert on Brazilian music and this really surprises me. I've been with the music for many years, but I learned several new things with Loronix. Actually, everyday I learn something new. Refer is responsible for many discoveries and this artist was pointed out by him. I think I'm still emotive with Ze Carioca, he remembers me zecalouro, my great green friend. He is sleeping right now; I will go there to scratch his head for a while after this post. Let's proceed.

This is Anna Lucia - O Encanto e a Voz de Anna Lucia (1961), for Philips, already released at Loronix by Mr. K and now improved by Caetano with the high quality music and cover artwork that this great record deserves. As most of the early 60's and late 50's LPs, we have an Orchestra guiding Ana Lucia throughout the set lead by Maestro Carlos Monteiro de Souza, one of my favorites. The repertoire is outstanding and as The Jazzman says you should run to it, now walk. Tracks include:

01 - Quem Foi (Ribamar (1) / Dolores Duran)
02 - Água de Beber (Vinicius de Moraes / Tom Jobim)
03 - Tema do Boneco de Palha (Vera Brasil / Sivan Castelo Neto)
04 - Brincadeira de Amor (Oscar Castro Neves / Giséle Savart)
05 - Maria dos Olhos Grandes (Caetano Zamma / Carlos de Queiroz Telles)
06 - Ilusão à Toa (Johnny Alf)
07 - O Azul do Céu (Vera Brasil / Myriam Ribeiro)
08 - Verdade de Amor (Chico Feitosa / Maria Helena Toledo)
09 - Moço da Lágrima Triste (Chico Feitosa / Maria Helena Toledo)
10 - Só Amor Em Minha Vida (Luis Bittencourt / João Mello)
11 - Canção Para Ninar Meu Bem (Vinicius de Moraes / Baden Powell)
12 - Se Você Vier (Oscar Castro Neves / Luvercy Fiorini)