Saturday, February 17, 2007

Elizeth Cardoso & Banda do Sodre - Elizeth no Bola Preta (1970)

Hello, Good Carnaval! Yes, it is Carnaval, first day. What a day. Every year is the same and this year seems to be stronger. Some very nice friend, which I hope is not reading this post, has the same idea, every year, to put some kind of sound system, very loud, in front of my apartment, playing all day long the same song. How could people stand this? It is insane. For my disgrace, zeca is already singing together. A couple of minutes ago, when the music had stopped, zeca sung by heart everything. Every year I Google "parrot ear plug" with the hope of a heal. Nothing available.

Today we had two popular parades in Rio de Janeiro, very traditional ones; Banda de Ipanema and Cordao do Bola Preta, downtown. I was invited to go by a Loronixer from The Netherlands that is spending a time here. I could not make it. The last time I made such thing was in Salvador, Bahia. I spent 30 minutes to cross a sidewalk to another, so big and compact was the human being agglomeration. In the other hand, I kissed 5 beautiful girls that I never saw before.

This is Elizeth Cardoso & Banda do Sodre - Elizeth no Bola Preta (1970), for Copacabana. As I said yesterday, Carnaval is not my business and this is to address a Loronix recommendation, shouted yesterday. O Cordao do Bola Preta is one of the most traditional Carnaval parades in Rio, gathering in 2006, 200,000 people. This is a live recording of the parade in 1970 with Elizeth Cardoso performing only three, among several songs. No tracks separation on a really chaotic set. Perhaps this is a release only for those who are in the mood for Carnaval. Tracks are being provided with the music this time.