Friday, February 23, 2007

Sergio Ricardo - Dancante Nr. 1 (1959)

I don't know what to say at this post. In the other hand, I know what I feel when I heard this music, perplexity. I'm not an authority on Sergio Ricardo music and it is natural that my expectation is at least to hear songs with lyrics sung by Sergio Ricardo. Big mistake, this is the first Sergio Ricardo LP and it is (as far as I know) completely different from everything he made on his later works.

This is Sergio Ricardo - Dancante Nr. 1 (1959), for Todamerica, a release provided by the now legendary Mr. E. As I said, this is an inquisitive instrumental album from Sergio Ricardo, ahead of its time, featuring the piano of Sergio Ricardo backed by top-notch musicians. I'm wondering if there is a lost tape of a given Dancante Nr. 2 available. Anyway, I will let you hear and come back for additional considerations in comment section. Thanks Mr. E. for this one. Tracks include:

Personnel

Sergio Ricardo
(piano)
Ramon Perez
(tumbadora)
Hélcio Milito
(drums)
Helinho
(guitar)
J.T. Meirelles
(clarinet, clarone)
Silvio
(vibrafone)
Luisinho and Guará
(bass)
Chuca-Chuca
(vibrafone)

Track List

01 - Favela (Hekel Tavares / Juraci Camargo)
02 - 3-D (Sergio Ricardo)
03 - Máxima Culpa (Sergio Ricardo)
04 - Puladinho (Sergio Ricardo)
05 - A Certain Smile (Paul Francis Webster / S. Fain)
06 - Gauchinha Bem Querer (Tito Madi)
07 - Temptation (N. H. Brown / A. Freed)
08 - Destino Ruim (Jorge Gama / Darci Moreira)
09 - Till (Sigman / Danvers)
10 - Esquecimento (Nazareno de Brito / Fernando César)

11 - Uma Canção a Mais (Sergio Ricardo)
12 - Tarde Triste (Maysa)