Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Art Heatlie and His Orchestra - Bossa Nova - But Beautiful (1966)

Today we will have great surprises and this is the first one. It is not necessary to say that Caetano Rodrigues is the friend behind it. I'm thrilled to share this album with Loronixers. For the first time, Caetano sends us an International Bossa Nova pill and I cannot find bio or more relevant information, even browsing the giant All About Jazz and All Music Guide. I hope someone can make better than myself. The other surprise is the album itself, nice Bossa Nova standards renditions with some tunes that were certainly being used as incidental music, they sound very familiar. Let's see.

This is Art Heatlie and His Orchestra - Bossa Nova - But Beautiful (1966), for Philips. As I said, litte is known about Art Heatlie. So far, I could search he was born in South Africa, being a respectful orchestra arranger and conducer, also leading Jazz big bands. Caetano probably has additional information about Art Heatlie, meanwhile stay with Bossa Nova, certainly really beautiful. Tracks include:

01 - The Girl from Ipanema
02 - Serenata
03 - Meditation
04 - Take me to Aruanda
05 - Green Dolphin Street
06 - Agua de Beber
07 - Michelle
08 - This Time the Dream's on Me
09 - One Note Samba
10 - The Shadow of Your Smile
11 - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
12 - Watch What Happens