Saturday, March 10, 2007

Duncan Lamont - Lo Mejor de la Bossa Nova (1970)

If you are reading this text just to realize if this record is good or not, take my advice and skip my writing going straight to the music at the link bellow. This is a fantastic album. Duncan Lamont is the name of the main performer. I'm not versed on Jazz such many Loronixers, but I bet that this album and Duncan Lamont is unknown to many friends. I will be straightforward; it is not fair to drag you with my writing this time.

This is Duncan Lamont - Lo Mejor de La Bossa Nova (1970), for Pathe (Argentina). Duncan Lamont is not Argentinean and Caetano shows us the Argentinean edition of The Best of The Bossa Novas, originally issued by MFP in UK. Duncan Lamont was born in Scotland and is a renowned studio musician, played with almost everyone in show business. It is a pleasure to hear Duncan sax on this very solid album, but what amazes me most is the performance of the three bass players at the set, everything works fine with The Best of the Bossa Novas. Tracks include:

01 - Desafinado
02 - Un Hombre y una Mujer
03 - Sunny
04 - Meditacion
05 - Manana de Carnaval
06 - Insensatez
07 - La Chica de Ipanema
08 - Corcovado
09 - Samba de una Nota Sola
10 - La Sombra de tu Sonrisa
11 - Llamame
12 - Llevame voltando a la Luna