Friday, August 31, 2007

Waleska - Na Fossa (1971)

I have two copies of this album, vinyl, second issue by SOM, a Copacabana subsidiary. Every time I check an old vinyl shop in Rio, this album is there, not one copy, two or three. I think this is the reason for being neglected by me. I should confess that I never took it for a hearing and I lost a lot of time. This album is really good and it is now time to show it to Loronixers. Let's see what happens.

This is Waleska - Na Fossa (1951), for Copacabana (1971), featuring a singer never shown to Loronixers with accompaniment of Ribamar (piano) and the legendary Moacyr Silva (sax tenor), also in charge of production. Waleska was the owner of the nightclub Fossa and probably, one of the most frequent performes and probably the most important singer of the Fossa style. Ribamar and Moacyr Silva deliver a nice support to Waleska, especially Moacyr Silva with nice sax tenor improvisations. I never had the chance to hear Moacyr Silva performing live. Na Fossa is a really worth checking album, I recommend. Tracks include:

01 - Minha Noite de Fossa (Elizabeth)
02 - Fim de Caso (Dolores Duran) Molambo (Jaime Florence "Meira" / Augusto Mesquita)
03 - Chuvas de Verão (Fernando Lobo)
04 - Noite de Paz (Dolores Duran) Solidão (Dolores Duran)
05 - Pequenos Erros Meus (Rildo Hora / Gracindo Jr.)
06 - Ternura Antiga (Ribamar (1) / Dolores Duran)
07 - A Fossa (Elizabeth / Fernando César)
08 - Por Você (Nonato Buzar / Sergio Bittencourt)
09 - Pra Você (Silvio César)
10 - Saia do Caminho (Custódio Mesquita / Evaldo Ruy)
11 - Tu Vais Voltar (Ribamar (1) / Romeo Nunes)
12 - De Cigarro Em Cigarro (Luis Bonfá) Ninguém Me Ama (Fernando Lobo / Antônio Maria)