Saturday, October 13, 2007

Les 4 Cadillacs - Les 4 Cadillacs (1964)

Hello, good evening! I was not thinking about posting this album by Les 4 Cadillacs today, but I making it for gratitude, Les 4 Cadillacs worked nicely with zecalouro today. zecalouro (the parrot) was really annoying this afternoon, saying bad things, such as: mengo and the name of someone that I don't like. He knows this thing really drives me crazy and I could not concentrate on the work I was doing.

So, I decided to take it for a spin with him. I put zecalouro just beside the turntable (he likes to see the vinyl spinning) and I laid down on the couch to wait for the results. The results were fantastic, zecalouro started saying good things such like: I love you daddy, scratch my head, good night, you are my friend, and even tried to sing the melodies he creates on top of some songs. I felt sleeping close to the end of both sides and he called myself yelling "it is over" when the record stops spinning.

I was mad with zecalouro and Les 4 Cadillacs saved my day. By the way, why I'm telling these things? I'm getting nuts, definitively. Anyway, this album is dedicated to zecalouro, my demanding and smart green friend.

This is Les 4 Cadillacs - Les 4 Cadillacs (1964), for Musidisc, the last album recorded by this anthological Musidisc creation lead by Ed Lincoln. I think Loronix has now the whole Les 4 Cadillacs discography, five albums recorded from 1961 until this last 1964 release. Personnel listing is made available according with Vinylmaniac information. Tracks include:

Personnel

Ed Lincoln
(piano)
Durval Ferreira
(guitar)
Luis Marinho
(bass)
Wilson das Neves
(drums)

Track List

01 - On The Street Where You Live (Lerner / Loewe)
02 - Sans Toi (M. Teze / Magenta)
03 - Adios Mariquita Linda (M. J. Jimenez)
04 - A Canção da Esperança (Luis Arruda Paes / Ribeiro Filho)
05 - What Kind Of Fool Am I (L. Bricusse / A. Newley)
06 - Make Me Cry (J. D. Loudermilk)
07 - Lawrence Of Arabia (M. Jarre)
08 - Et Maintenant (Gilbert Bécaud / Delanoe)
09 - Ahora Seremos Felices (R. Hernandez)
10 - Retiens La Nuit (G. Garvarentz / A. de Simone / Charles Aznavour)
11 - Traicionera (Gonzalo Curiel)
12 - Disa (Johnny Alf / Maurício)