Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bene Nunes - Bene Nunes e Seu Piano (1958)

This album came to us a couple of months ago via MailbigFile. I got really amazed with this nice cover with the piano, but I did not move further hearing or researching about it. I knew that Bene Nunes is a gifted pianist with participation on Bossa Nova, friend of the president of Brazil Juscelino Kubistcheck and husband of singer Dulce Nunes. I was speaking with a friend today and he said something about a Bene Nunes album with participation of Antonio Carlos Jobim, Radames Gnattali and Severino Filho and I instantly remembered this one. Perhaps I'm wrong, this is a widely unknown participation of these three great musicians and this is really worth checking. Let's see.

This is Bene Nunes - Bene Nunes e Seu Piano (1958), for Continental, featuring Bene Nunes piano with orchestral arrangements by Antonio Carlos Jobim, Radames Gnattali and Severino Filho from Os Cariocas. I think I will only rest quiet when I get this vinyl, to take a look at the back cover and make another digital transfer. If the anonymous contributor reads us, please drop me a line, so we can get along to know more about this album. Tracks include:

Personnel

Bene Nunes
(piano)

Antonio Carlos Jobim
Radames Gnattali
Severino Filho
(orchestra arrangements)

Track List

01 - Hô-bá-lá-lá (João Gilberto)
02 - Stela By Starlight (N. Washington / V. Young)
03 - Se Todos Fossem Iguais a Você (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
04 - If I Had You (T. Shapiro / J. Camoel / R. Connely)
05 - Ouça (Maysa)
06 - Carinhoso (Pixinguinha / João de Barro)
07 - Só a Ti (Tradicional)
08 - Lamento no Morro (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
09 - There Will Never Be Another You (M. Gordon / H. Warren)
10 - Por Causa de Você (Tom Jobim / Dolores Duran)
11 - Amendoim Torradinho (Henrique Beltrão)
12 - Choro Triste (Dulce Nunes)