Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dick Farney - Dick Farney em Cancoes para a Noite de Meu Bem (1960)

Hello, good evening! I'm now very happy that Balanco Trio LP has now a better place at Loronix front page. I like that album and Luiz Harding confirmation, my guess on Milton Banana is confirmed. Thanks Luiz and thanks everybody who engage of comment section. Well, the show must go on and there is nothing better than start this Tuesday with one an album that I did not know from one of the artists that I like most, Dick Farney. Let's see.

This is Dick Farney - Cancoes para a Noite de Meu Bem, com Waldemiro Lemke e Sua Orquestra (1960), for Odeon. In a first sight, I thought this was a tribute to Dolores Duran by the reference of Dolores Duran song a Noite do Meu Bem, but Dick Farney plays piano, sings in Portuguese, English and has the accompaniment of an orchestra in charge of Maestro Waldemiro Lemke. I'm surprised with this perhaps unknown Dick Farney album that I never had the chance to hear before. This post is dedicated to the greatest Dick Farney fan on planet Earth and probably the solar system, our great friend cvllos. Tracks include:

01 - A Noite do Meu Bem (Dolores Duran)
02 - Esquecendo Você (Tom Jobim)
03 - Amor Sem Adeus (Luis Bonfá / Tom Jobim)
04 - All The Way (S. Cahn / J. V. Hensen)
05 - With Every Breath I Take (L. Robin / R. Rainger)
06 - My Funny Valentine (R. Rodgers / L. Hart)
07 - Este Seu Olhar (Tom Jobim)
08 - Franqueza (Denis Brean / Osvaldo Guilherme)
09 - Conselho (Denis Brean / Osvaldo Guilherme)
10 - Easy To Remember (R. Rogers / L. Hart)
11 - You Go To My Head (H. Gillespie / J. F. Coots)
12 - Autumn In New York (V. Duke)