Thursday, April 10, 2008

Milton Banana Trio - Milton Banana Trio (1971)

The idea of doing only one post per day is disturbing. The great challenge is picking something solid enough to please everybody. The decision to post this album was taken yesterday, but he followed me on thinking all day long. What more can I say to everything already been said here about Milton Banana? It is difficult to answer, Milton Banana is one of the most popular artists at Loronix and I believe the mere presence of an album never released before at Loronix is self-explanatory. Let's see.

This is Milton Banana Trio - Milton Banana Trio (1971), for Odeon, also known as Milton Banana Trio - Amigo e Pra Essas Coisas, probably by track 09 - Amigo e Pra Essas Coisas (Silvio da Silva / Aldir Blanc). This LP was found on excellent conditions and the transfer was done with diamond cutter, I hope you appreciate my effort. I have been also wondering how many groups lead by a drummer we had? I could not remember a single one, except Milton Banana Trio. Anyway, I don't want to bore you with my parrot talking, stay with Milton Banana Trio and have a nice Thursday. Tracks include:

01 - Madalena (Ivan Lins / Ronaldo Monteiro de Souza)
02 - Eu Também Quero Mocotó (Jorge Ben "Jorge Benjor")
03 - Amazonas (Keep Talking) (João Donato)
04 - Junto a Você (Carlos Nóbrega)
05 - Quero Voltar Pra Bahia (Paulo Diniz / Odibar)
06 - Jesus Cristo (Roberto Carlos / Erasmo Carlos)
07 - Na Tonga da Mironga do Kabuletê (Vinicius de Moraes / Toquinho)
08 - Piri Piri (Paulo Diniz / Odibar)
09 - Amigo É Pra Essas Coisas (Silvio da Silva / Aldir Blanc)
10 - Ôba Lá Vem Ela (Jorge Ben "Jorge Benjor")
11 - Menina (Paulinho Nogueira)
12 - Procurando Tu (J. Luna / Antônio Barros)