Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fafa Lemos - Para Ouvir Dancando (1957)

Hello, good evening! It was difficult to decide for an album to be at the first page of Loronix today. All options were very good, solid, but this choice -- and perhaps the next ones -- is very important. I'm moving from my place to another. I'm leaving this apartment, the place I love and the place I'm living since the beginning of Loronix. The date of my move is still uncertain and can happen at any time. Thus, from now on, all albums at the first page should be very meaningful because Loronix will enter on a hiatus of five or more days until I get set on my new place and ready to continue. So, friends, if Loronix is not updated in the forthcoming days, this is the reason, I will be unplugged and in the middle of a very worrying process for anyone who collect LPs. Let's see.

This is Fafa Lemos - Para Ouvir Dancando (1957), for RCA Victor, featuring Fafa Lemos, a legendary Brazilian musician, member of the anthological Trio Surdina with Anibal Augusto Sardinha - Garoto - and Chiquinho do Acordeon. Fafa Lemos LPs are always delicious to hear, and I like this one very much. Fafa Lemos plays violin and delivers his "bossa nova" singing on four tracks. Fafa Lemos is backed by a "conjunto" and the musicians were not credited by RCA Victor. Don't let the "Para Dancar" title cheats you, it is just a marketing approach. Tracks include:

01 - Meu Guarda-chuva (Ubenor Santos / Amâncio de Morais) Fafa Lemos sings
02 - Granfino (Fafá Lemos)
03 - Meu Panamá (Alcebíades Nogueira) Fafa Lemos sings
04 - Rosita (A. Stuart / P. Dupont)
05 - Canarinho Feliz (Hot Canari) (P. Nero)
06 - Joãozinho Boa Pinta (Haroldo Lobo / Geraldo Jacques) Fafa Lemos sings
07 - Cigano no Baião (Garoto)
08 - Se Alguém Disser (Ismael Netto / Reinaldo Dias Leme) Fafa Lemos sings

-->-->