Friday, May 01, 2009

Nelson Goncalves - Nelson Goncalves em HI-FI (1959)

Hello, good evening! To quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated". Don't worry, please. I will be haunting and keeping you busy with Brazilian music for a long time. I swear. 2009 has been a hard year for everyone; and it has been very difficult for me.

I was hired by a company to make their website. Yes, this is one of the things I do for living. Since the April I've been working a lot on this assignment, scheduled to be finished in two weeks. This is the reason why I've been on a short hiatus. I will be more flexible in a couple of weeks, but Loronix requires that I have assignments like this one to be alive. If you are looking for someone to make your website or any other need on information technology, please hire me. It will be good for me and very important for Loronix.

Anyway, this is the end of my small "hire me" message, thank you! Music time has just started. Let's see.

This is Nelson Goncalves - Nelson Goncalves em HI-FI (1959), for RCA Victor, featuring one of the most famous Brazilian popular music singers of all time, never released before at Loronix. I would like to say that my brother has a very important participation on this first Nelson Goncalves post at Loronix. He said: "If you are telling the story of Brazilian popular music , this story is not complete if you exclude Nelson Goncalves". He is 100% right. Nelson Goncalves is without any doubt a very important singer, his career spanned the 1930's to the end of the 1990's decade, recording more that 120 LPs, and almost 20 CDs. The numbers are really impressive, Nelson sold approximately 15 million copies of his albums, winning 15 platinum and 41 gold records. From the start of his career until the end, Nelson Goncalves recorded for a single recording company, RCA Victor. Anyway, better forget the numbers and take this album for a hearing, a nice pick featuring arrangements by maestros Carioca, Mozart Brandao and Nelsinho, with orchestra conducted by Maestro Zaccarias. Tracks include:


01 - Argumento (Adelino Moreira)
02 - Tião (Dunga / Jair Amorim)
03 - Três Sorrisos (Chocolate / Mário Lago)
04 - Dupla Traição (José Reis / Osvaldo Barbosa)
05 - Eu Acuso (Carlos Morais)
06 - Um Lenço Por Dia (Ricardo Galeno / Nelson Fernandes)
07 - Mariposa (Adelino Moreira / Nelson Gonçalves)
08 - Verbo Amar (Nelson Gonçalves / Herivelto Martins)
09 - Maria da Conceição (Carlos Marques)
10 - Mais Uma Vez (Joubert de Carvalho)
11 - O Que Passou Passou (Nelson Gonçalves)
12 - Reminiscências de Amor (Anísio Pessanha / Flora Mattos)

-->-->