Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Paulo Moura - Paulo Moura Interpreta Radames Gnattali (1959)

AdHoc really rocks! He made my week with this reposting. It seems he reads my mind. I have been wondering last Sunday if I would have a chance to repost this essential album, quite impossible to find on vinyl and for reasons that I cannot explain, very difficult to find on its 1995 CD reissue. Actually, this album deserves to be always commercially available. Thanks once again AdHoc, I can't stop thinking on your next contribution. Perhaps you will read my mind again. Let's see.

This is Paulo Moura - Paulo Moura Interpreta Radames Gnattali (1959), for Continental, presented here by AdHoc's 1995 remastered CD reissue with upgrades on cover artwork, standard MP3s, FLAC files and the previous missing track 08 - Romance. This little 10-inch features Radames Gnattali compositions especially written for Paulo Moura, perhaps the first time in Brazil that a great Maestro and composer writes music to be recorded for a given musician, according with Haroldo Eiras liner notes. AdHoc says something that I totally agree, this album makes us feel very good, in peace, and that's my wish to everyone engaged on Loronix community today, peace. Tracks include:

Personnel

Paulo Moura
(sax alto)
Radames Gnattali
(piano)
Baden Powell
(guitar)
Trinca
(drums)
Vidal or Paulo
(bass)

Track List

01 - Monotonia (Radamés Gnattali)
02 - Devaneio (Radamés Gnattali)
03 - Nostalgia (Radamés Gnattali)
04 - Carioca 1959 (Radamés Gnattali)
05 - Sempre a Sonhar (Radamés Gnattali)
06 - Valsa Triste (Radamés Gnattali)
07 - Penumbra (Radamés Gnattali)
08 - Romance (Radamés Gnattali)