Sunday, November 25, 2007

Paulinho da Viola - Sinal Fechado (1969) EP

My turntable has a serious problem with singles and EPs. Even when playing clean albums, the cartridge jumps and I had no choice except turn it of and try to understand what happens. This one was sent by Dona Iara and for my surprise it works very well and the output was so good that it was not necessary to apply noise reduction software. Perhaps my turntable is a big Paulinho da Viola fan, such like me. Let's see.

This is Paulinho da Viola - Sinal Fechado (1969) EP, for Odeon, featuring the awesome title track 01 - Sinal Fechado with other three cuts, including the blockbuster 02 - Foi um Rio que Passou em Minha Vida, a well-known Paulinho da Viola composition. I did not search for the availability of these songs on regular Paulinho da Viola albums. Tracks include:

01 - Sinal Fechado (Paulinho da Viola)
02 - Foi Um Rio Que Passou Em Minha Vida (Paulinho da Viola)
03 - Ruas Que Sonhei (Paulinho da Viola)
04 - Nada De Novo (Paulinho da Viola)