Saturday, March 08, 2008

Arrigo Barnabe e Banda Sabor de Veneno - Clara Crocodilo (1980)

It is impossible to show this album without explaining the weird story behind it. The idea of making Arrigo Barnabe debut LP came from the last and first Arrigo Barnabe album at Loronix, Facanhas, kindly sent by Ad Hoc. I said to AdHoc that I had this album and it was only a matter of waiting a couple of days to make it.

When I decided to make it a couple of weeks ago, I did not find this album and I got really disappointed. Anyway, every Thursday, I receive my loyal assistance to make some housekeeping and other things. I decided to ask her for the album, the last hope and immediately, she guided me to a hidden place with several albums, including Clara Crocodilo. My Assitance has this mania, if something is scaring, she hides from the view of everybody. Now I'm happy to get back my LP. Just a final warning, get ready for an above the flow of scaring cover artworks. Let's see.

This is Arrigo Barnabe e Banda Sabor de Veneno - Clara Crocodilo (1980), for Continental, presented here by the original first 1980 vinyl issue. I have special feelings about this album, which is not for beginners; Arrigo Barnabe approximates classical music, popular music with comics using dodecaphonic and atonal elements, delivering a unique output, something very different from the music we use to listen at Loronix. Tracks include:

Banda Sabor de Veneno

Regina Porto
(electric piano, piano, voice)
Bozo Barretti
(synthesizer, electric piano, piano, voice)
Paulo Barnabe
(drums, percussion, voice)
Gi Gibson
(guitar, chorus, voice)
Rogerio Benati
(percussion)
Otavio Fialho
(bass, voice)
Ronei Stella
(trombone)
Chico Guedes
(tenor sax, clarinet)
Baldo Versolatto
(alto sax, clarinet)
Mane Silveira
(soprano sax, flute)
Felix Wagner
(clarinet, contralto clarinet)
Suzana Salles
(voice)
Vania Bastos
(voice)
Arrigo Barnabe
(piano, synthesizer, percussion, narration, vocal)

Special Guests

Eliana Estavao
(voice)
Gilberto Mifune
(voice)
Marcelo Galberti
(clarinet)
Mario Aydar
(cello)
Nono
(trumpet)
Passoca
(voice)
Tete Espindola
(voice, voice arrangements)

Track List

01 - Acapulco Drive-in (Paulo Barnabé / Otávio Fialho / Gilson Gibson / Arrigo Barnabé)
02 - Orgasmo Total (Arrigo Barnabé)
03 - Diversões Eletrônicas (Regina Porto / Arrigo Barnabé)
04 - Instante (Arrigo Barnabé)
05 - Sabor de Veneno (Arrigo Barnabé)
06 - Infortúnio (Arrigo Barnabé)
07 - Office-boy (Arrigo Barnabé)
08 - Clara Crocodilo (Mário Lúcio Cortes / Arrigo Barnabé)