Monday, March 31, 2008

Lucio Alves - Lucio Alves (1975)

I think people of my generation in Brazil already know Lucio Alves or at least heard about him. I have to admit that before starting Loronix I knew only the basis, I didn't know, for instance, that Joao Gilberto always took his albums to hear with Lucio Alves, as a disciple getting the approval of his master. I became obsessed by Lucio Alves on LPs, compactos, 78 RPMs, no matter how. I believe Loronix provides moments of discovery and a real opportunity to understand a lot of Brazilian. Every day I learn a new thing with Loronix and Loronix does not belong to me, Loronix belongs to everybody. Rest assured that Loronix belongs to us, to our community as a whole. This is the last Lucio Alves career LP, the first over ten years, an inexplicable interval. Let's see.

This is Lucio Alves - Lucio Alves (1975), for RCA Victor, featuring tunes with women names, probably one of those Aloysio de Oliveira ideals, in charge of musical and studio direction. Actually, this album title is Lucio Alves e (the track list), vestidas por Chico de Moraes, in charge of the arrangements, but the title won't fit here. I hope all of you have a really nice week that starts this Monday and thanks for being part of this community. Tracks include:

01 - Mulher (Custódio Mesquita / Sady Cabral) Ana Luisa (Tom Jobim)
02 - Juraci (Antônio Almeida / Ciro de Souza)
03 - Florisbela (Antônio Nássara / Eratóstenes Frazão)
04 - Maria (Ary Barroso / Luis Peixoto)
05 - Rosa (Pixinguinha)
06 - Izabela (Primeira Namorada) (Billy Blanco)
07 - Januária (Chico Buarque)
08 - Risoleta (Raul Marques / Moacir Bernardino)
09 - Ligia (Tom Jobim)
10 - Dolores (Alberto Ribeiro / Marino Pinto / Arlindo Marques Júnior)
11 - Helena Helena Helena (Alberto Land)
12 - Um Nome de Mulher (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes) Final Mulher (Custódio Mesquita / Sady Cabral)