Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mario Albanese e Seu Conjunto - Insonia (1959)

Hello, good evening! Yesterday I was very tired; actually, I was really exhausted, with several non-sleeping hours accumulated in the previous day. After posting Chico Buarque and Cristina single, I went to my room couch to read the back cover of this fantastic Mario Albanese LP, supposed to be yesterday's closing post. I slept accidentally on the couch, waking up in the morning with the zecalouro shouting "good day" and demanding my attention. I believe it is fair to start today showing Mario Albanese and his debut LP for Odeon. Let's see.

This is Mario Albanese e Seu Conjunto - Insonia (1959), for Odeon. I think Caetano Rodrigues will be amazes with this pretty unknown Mario Albanese album, which is his debut LP for Odeon. Instead of being in the safe zone performing renditions of standards, Mario Albanese delivers his own compositions at his first album, with his piano backed by Conjunto. Little I know about Mario Albanese e Seu Conjunto members, but I'm quite sure we have here a very solid listen that you should taste at Loronix Preview Center and then come back here to get the whole experience provided by the great Mario Albanese. Tracks include:

01 - Insônia (Mário Albanese / Heitor Carillo)
02 - Se (Mário Albanese / Nabib Nader)
03 - Crendices (Mário Albanese / Irvando Luis)
04 - Meu Amigo Garoto (Mário Albanese)
05 - Amor à Primeira Vista (Mário Albanese / Armando Blundi Bastos)
06 - Pra Lá e Pra Cá (Mário Albanese / Armando Blundi Bastos)
07 - Você (Mário Albanese / Heitor Carillo)
08 - Sol (Mário Albanese / Jorge Duarte)
09 - Remorso (Mário Albanese / Jorge Duarte)
10 - Maravilhosa Aventura (Mário Albanese)
11 - O Mal (Mário Albanese / Heitor Carillo)
12 - Meu Erro (Mário Albanese)