Saturday, February 07, 2009

Guilherme Vergueiro - Guilherme Vergueiro Ao Vivo (1982)

Hello, good evening! I was dedicated on this writing during the last 3 hours. I made different versions using some ideas and approaches and I could not reach the results I was looking for. Now my eyes hurt, and if you have diabetes, you cannot play with your eyes. However, I cannot wait another 24 hours. I decided to write it from scratch, it is a very important post. This fantastic musician is being introduced to Loronix's community for the first time tonight. And he is also, how can I say... a "true" Loronixer, a challenge winner that you already known using the gorgeous nickname of Pianista Sambista. Guilherme Vergueiro. Let's see.

This is Guilherme Vergueiro - Guilherme Vergueiro Ao Vivo (1982), for Estudio Eldorado, recorded live at "International Jazz Montmartre", Copenhagen, Denmark. It is hard to believe that I had the chance to hear this album for the first time only this week. This is really fantastic music played with passion by this quartet. I urge Loronix's community to take Ao Vivo for a hearing and also visit Guilherme Vergueiro official website at www.guilhermevergueiro.com.br and the Pianista Sambista's blog at http://pianeiro.blogspot.com. This album never had a CD reissue and I put a lot of energy on this transfer. Thanks Guilherme Vergueiro for the music, the respect you have to your public, the happiness and the energy. I'm making available Guilherme Vergueiro's own biography taken from his official website. Tracks include:

"I am a Brazilian who sees music as a work of art. I had all the classical training, but decided to get into the popular genre, because I have always been a deluded by Samba, Samba Canção (Brazilian ballad), Choro, Seresta and Bossa Nova. And I always been that way and behave this way since the beginning of my career in the late 60s.

Each song that I play, each performance, each recording has to be definitive. As an art we have in the living room wall throughout our lives. I like to interpret in my way and style, Brazilian music, translating the melodies, harmonies and Brazilian rhythms into the human feelings, the feelings of the Brazilian people, and for being like this I am very demanding with myself. I feel a huge responsibility every time I play the piano. Also I do not like to ever repeat myself. If I have to play the same song a myriad of times, each time has to be different, according to the day, time, era, the audience and especially my state of mind. Each day is a day, every hour is an hour. I have always to be open to what I'm feeling at the moment, open to new ideas that emerge in the middle of an interpretation, of an improvisation. I have no restrictions when I play the piano. I relate to it, we became one. My heart is the boss. Sends what I am feeling to my brain which in return sends the messages to my fingers. All of this in milliseconds. You should be very concentrated, otherwise the boat sinks. I just love the challenge, the emotion, the freedom that comes playing like that. Some pianists play with the fingers, I play with the heart.


I have infinite respect for the audience that is listening to me. My wish is to perpetuate in their hearts feelings, feelings that never will leave them. Sadness, joy, tension, density, lightness, rebellion, always truthful and sincere feelings, identifiable with the feelings and life of each. After all, every human being is equal, we all have our tragedies, struggles, loves, passions, adventures and misadventures, problems, joys, sorrows, happiness, certainty and uncertainty, insecurity and security and when we go to a concert, show, or listen to some music at home, in the car, we are actually looking for some form of relief and/or comfort to our souls, and sometimes I am the one who take responsibility for bring this relief and/or comfort to people. I feel a huge responsibility. I dive into the bottom of my soul to find the most pure and sincere sentiments so the public can leave a little of the harsh reality of life behind, and go to other dimensions, other spheres, more calm and benevolent, where love prevails, where the union really is the force, where there is peace, tranquility and serenity. I always hope for that all my appearances and/or recordings stay for ever in the heart and soul of the people. I am very careful with this, but I confess that I feel I'm still learning. That music is infinite and that learning ends only when God calls us for other missions.

But since I'm still here, (and hopefully stay for a long time), I still am always eager for the improvement of my mission here, which is to be a musician. A Brazilian musician. A Pianist. Be more patient, dedicated, conscientious and increasingly concentrated.

I pray to God to never forget me, (as He never forgot), that my inspiration and my love for others are increasingly in accordance with His teachings and that I can accomplish the task that was given to me always with more balance, wisdom, concentration, strength, responsibility, joy and much love, whether playing, composing, arranging, producing or making a documentary. (My new passion.)

In my life I already, experienced much love, joy, excitement, difficulties, betrayal, losses ... but I survived. I did much good, I made many friends, (Maybe I have some enemies, but either I do not know them or I do not know that is an enemy) but I also sinned. A whole lot of sins. I had many false friends. Many women left me. But the music and the piano never. Neither the real friends. Thank God!" (Guilherme Vergueiro)


Personnel

Guilherme Vergueiro
(piano, arrangements)
Chuim
(drums)
Mads Vinding
(bass)
Nicolai Gromin
(guitar)

Track List

01 - Choro Bop (Guilherme Vergueiro)
02 - Cabeca Dura (Guilherme Vergueiro)
03 - Saudades de Voce (Guilherme Vergueiro)
04 - Viva (Guilherme Vergueiro)

-->