Sunday, August 02, 2009

Celso Murilo, Orgao e Ritmo - Ritmos na Passarela (1961)

Hello, good evening! If you read my texts since Loronix beginning, you should agree with me that I don't often say that an album is very rare and very hard to find. However, there are exceptions. I never had the chance to see this album before. I made also a careful research on the Internet to find info about this one, especially a cover picture, because my original is rather damaged. The cover is breaking; almost turn dust in my hands. I got pleased when I found a recent photo of Celso Murilo. Let's see.

This is Celso Murilo, Orgao e Ritmo - Ritmos na Passarela (1961), for the tiny and legendary Pawal label. It is nice to know that he is alive and making music. This link shows Celso Murilo in the city of Caxambu, southeast of Minas Gerais state. I love that region. Getting back to business -- I'm having concentration problems today -- this is the second Celso Murilo career LP, they were all released in the same year and for the same label. It is likely that we have the same musicians who participated in the third album, Mr. Ritmo, in this session. Celso Murilo is just Joao Gilberto favorite organist. Period. You cannot miss this one to agree with Joao Gilberto. Ritmos na Passarela is delicious to here and very well played by not credited musicians. Tracks include:


01 - Poema do Adeus (Luis Antônio)
02 - Look For Star (M. Antony)
03 - Fiz o Bobão (Haroldo Barbosa / Luis Reis)
04 - Cariñito (Humberto Garin)
05 - Falsa Baiana (Geraldo Pereira)
06 - Harlem Nocturne (Hagen)
07 - Chora Tua Tristeza (Oscar Castro Neves / Luvercy Fiorini)
08 - Palhaçada (Haroldo Barbosa / Luis Reis)
09 - Chá-chá-chá na Passarela (Celso Pereira)
10 - Se Você Disser Que Sim (Luis Bandeira)
11 - Quem Manda na Minha Vida (Herivelto Martins / Raul Sampaio)
12 - Se Meu Apartamento Falasse (Charles Williams)

-->-->