Monday, January 08, 2007

Pachequinho - A Orquestra Jovem de Pachequinho (1969)

Hello, Good Night! Mon told me: always follow the advice of people more experienced than you... If I remember this advice, I could never bring this album from the vinyl fair in Sao Paulo. I'm not saying that this is a bad LP, but its music has absolutely nothing to do with this nice cover and the title, referencing youth and with two young dudes kissing each other.

Caetano told me, never jump into a record by the appearance without known others albums from the same label. This is Pachequinho - A Orquestra Jovem de Pachequinho (1969), for Parlophone, an orchestra album from Maestro Pachequinho with orchestrated versions of classic American tunes. Period. Not a bad record, but completed disconnected from the title and cover artwork spirit. If I heard Caetano... Tracks include:

01 - A Time For Us
02 - I Started a Joke
03 - O Amor Que Não É Pra Mim
04 - Tentei Lhe Esquecer
05 - Foi Você
06 - Love Me Do
07 - Sounds Of Silence
08 - Angel Of The Morning
09 - Silence Is Golden
10 - These Eyes