Monday, February 05, 2007

Tom Ze - Estudando o Samba (1976)

I read a message at CBox from the Loronixer bedward asking for this LP as an impossible to find item. Since I like the impossible, I decided to make a try, my first serious try on a record from this internationally renowned artist. Friends, I confess that by hearing this LP, I'm now willing to search for others. Really nice. Do not think that I was waiting for a bad record, but this LP is indeed above the average.

This is Tom Ze - Estudando o Samba (1976), for Continental, the first Tom Ze LP released at Loronix. I think this record should be a classic on Tom Ze discography; it is solid from start to end. Special attention for track 02 - A Felicidade (Antonio Carlos Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes), Tom Ze rendition to this song is really nice and I read that it was not included on further Estudando o Samba reissues. Tracks include:

01 - Mã (Tom Zé)
02 - A Felicidade (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
03 - Toc (Tom Zé)
04 - Tô (Élton Medeiros / Tom Zé)
05 - Vai (Menina Amanhã de Manhã) (Tom Zé / Perna)
06 - Ui (Você Inventa) (Tom Zé / Odair)
07 - Doi (Tom Zé)
08 - Mãe (Mãe Solteira) (Tom Zé / Élton Medeiros)
09 - Hein (Tom Zé / Vicente Barreto)
10 - Só (Solidão) (Tom Zé)
11 - Se (Tom Zé)
12 - Índice (Tom Zé / José Briamonte / Heraldo do Monte)