Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Aldo Taranto e Sua Orquestra - Sonhos, Amor e Violinos (1959)

Hello, Good Night! Last night was weird, today was really strange and now I'm here paralyzed with a butterfly on the wall of my desk with the size of a CD. It is scaring and I can't move. My last idea was to use the flash of my camera to convince her to fly away and she did not move. I'm wondering, if I stand up, she will fly towards my face. It happens every time. My next idea will be throwing an object at the light switch to put lights out and escape. I don't want to kill her and I can work on another room. This is a neighbor-wide problem; several friends on street were talking about this fly invasion since yesterday. Let's see.

I'm keeping an eye on her while trying to write about this record, which is the first record released by CID in Brazil in 1959 with this really modern cover artwork, ahead of the time.

This is Aldo Taranto e Sua Orquestra - Sonhos, Amor e Violinos (1959), for CID as CID 27001, representing the first CID LP in Brazil. I never heard of Aldo Taranto before and probably he did not make any further release for CID, but this is a nice orchestra LP with violins and a gentle played acoustic guitar. The cover alone worth the overall enterprise. Tracks include:

01 - Por Causa de Você (Tom Jobim / Dolores Duran)
02 - A Volto do Boêmio (Adelino Moreira)
03 - Abandono Cruel (Luis Soberano / Anicio Bichara)
04 - Vitrine (Adelino Moreira)
05 - Se Todos Fossem Iguais a Você (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
06 - Prece de Amor (René Bittencourt)
07 - Abismo (Anísio Silva)
08 - Sonhando Contigo (Anísio Silva / Fausto Guimarães)
09 - Conceição (Dunga / Jair Amorim)
10 - Ouça (Maysa)
11 - Graças a Deus (Fernando César)
12 - Tudo Foi Ilusão (Laerte Santos / Arcilino Tavares)