Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Banda Black Rio - Maria Fumaca (1977)

My apologies for not making it earlier. Actually. I thought I made it in the very first beginning of Loronix. I received an email today from Lordfine (yes, that's his name) asking for this album, and then I said to query Loronix Find It! to get the link. Lordfine answered in the next minute saying he had already made several Find It searches and could not reach it. Thanks Lordfine, this is a classic album that I like very much and I hope one day I can own a vinyl copy from the first issue. Let's see.

This is Banda Black Rio - Maria Fumaca (1977), for WEA BR, a breathtaking fusion of Soul, Samba, Funk and many other influences performed by best of breed musicians in the style. This is a guaranteed entertainment, even if you are not in the mood for black music style. Banda Black Rio was assembled in 1976 and released three albums; Maria Fumaca is their debut LP and is the one that I like most. Let's feedback this release using comments section. Tracks include:

Personnel

Oberdan Magalhaes
(sax)
Lucio J da Silva
(trombone)
Barrosinho
(trumpet)
Jamil Joanes
(bass)
Claudio Stevenson
(guitar)
Cristovao Bastos
(keyboards)
Luis Carlos Santos
(drums)

Track List

01 - Maria Fumaça (Oberdan / Luis Carlos)
02 - Na Baixa do Sapateiro (Ary Barroso)
03 - Mr Funky Samba (Jamil Joanes)
04 - Caminho da Roça (Oberdan / Barroso)
05 - Metalúrgica (Cláudio Stevenson / Cristóvão Bastos)
06 - Baião (Luis Gonzaga / Humberto Teixeira)
07 - Casa Forte (Edu Lobo)
08 - Leblon Via Vaz Lobo (Oberdan)
09 - Urubu Malandro (Lourival de Carvalho "Louro" / João de Barro)
10 - Junia (Jamil Joanes)