Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Luiz Arruda Paes e Sua Orquestra - Brasil é Samba (1962)

This previous post was really great. Filo Machado is an artist that I never had a chance to hear and for my surprise, several other friends came up with congratulations messages for this post. I'm wondering how many other artists are out of my radar and will be recommended by Loronix friends. If you have a suggestion, do not hesitate, just do it. It is always a pleasure to show new things.

Since yesterday, I having a really bad time with my Loronix hosting service, performing really slowly. Instead of making choices in the last minute, I need to make my decisions in the morning and work hard all day long to make it ready for nighttime. I hope that Luiz Arruda Paes brings some light to these problems with his beautiful and unique arrangements, delivered at this album that I never saw and heard before Caetano Rodrigues send it to Loronixers.

This is Luiz Arruda Paes e Sua Orquestra - Brasil é Samba (1962), for RCA Victor, the first out of two LPs recorded by Luiz Arruda Paes for RCA Victor after a series of seven wonderful releases at Odeon. In the past, I thought that recording companies do not have much influence on the output recorded by the artists, but as time goes by, it is easy to understand the differences and they are many, starting with the cover artwork and the quality of sound. In this case, RCA Victor is superior from remaining Odeon releases. Brasil e Samba is a self-explanatory release, Luiz Arruda Paes seems to be impossible to make an regular album. I recommend. Tracks include:

01 - Viva Meu Samba (Billy Blanco)
02 - Feitiço da Vila (Noel Rosa / Vadico)
03 - Mulata Assanhada (Ataulfo Alves)
04 - Rio Triste (Tito Madi)
05 - Lá Vem a Baiana (Dorival Caymmi)
06 - Se Acaso Você Chegasse (Lupicínio Rodrigues / Felisberto Martins)
07 - Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos "Bide" / Armando "Marçal")
08 - A Noite do Meu Bem (Dolores Duran)
09 - Tamborim (Carlos Barroso / Humberto Teixeira)
10 - Este Seu Olhar (Tom Jobim)
11 - Canção da Volta (Antônio Maria / Ismael Netto)
12 - Rio (Ary Barroso)