Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Zimbo Trio - Fianca (1981)

There is a story behind this post. I received this album from a guy who lives in my building, by the way, a well-known musician. I did not take it from his hands; he puts on an envelope at the lobby. When I open the envelope I saw this enigmatic logo with the white background and no words. I just left behind, deciding to give a chance to understand what it was later.

However, the symbol had something strange, looking familiar, as I had the chance to see it many times before. The answer came this week when I was visiting the website of our good friend Justin. Take a look at Justin logo, here or as a thumbnail in the left. Very wise of Justin to turn it upside down making this "F" as a "J".

After this whole story, it was the time to check the LP again to learn more about this symbol and it was a great surprise to understand that "F" belongs to a Brazilian company called Fianca and the album was Fianca Christmas gift recorded by Zimbo Trio.

This is Zimbo Trio - Fianca (1981), for Fianca. Little I know about this company and this album, but seems to me it is Zimbo Trio - FM Stereo, released in 1974 with some modifications, there are five tracks not listed on FM Stereo. I would like to have both albums to check if the common tracks are from the same 1974 session or different. Anyway, it is a Zimbo Trio LP that I did not know it was recorded. Thanks to my mysterious neighbor. Tracks include:

01 - Esse Cara
02 - Na Tonga da Mironga do Kabulete (*)
03 - Cotidiano Nr. 2 (*)
04 - Trem das Onze
05 - Se e Pecado Sambar
06 - Apesar de Voce (*)
07 - Que Maravilha - Chove Chuva - Mas que Nada
08 - Falei e Disse (*)
09 - Tristeza Pe no Chao
10 - Folhas Secas
11 - Retalho de Cetim (*)
12 - Orgulho de um Sambista
13 - Ana Luiza
14 - Carinhoso

(*) Not available at Zimbo Trio - FM Stereo (1974).