Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jorge Ben - A Tábua de Esmeralda (1974)

Hello, good evening! Everybody was right saying that A Tabua de Esmeralda is Jorge Bem’s Masterpiece. I confess that I heard this album for the first time today and I’m really impressed. I’m also impressed with everything I read today about this album and I decided to make something different showing a selection of these messages to our community, they explains A Tabua de Esmeralda better than I could make on my best days. Let’s see.

Amazon.com and Rate your Music statements.

To me, he is the single greatest musician songwriter in the world that ever was. His sound is utterly unique and majestic, rhythmic, soulfull, spiritual, poetic, perfect. Perfect. Nothing is perfect. Except his music. The only perfect thing in an imperfect universe. (musiclover, Amazon.com)

Beautiful. Breathtaking. Memorable. Highly creative. Just an absolutely wonderful album. (tommo, Rate Your Music)

This is one of the most beautiful Jorge Ben albums of all time. I can't believe it is almost 28 years old! I have yet to explain how some things in life can be just so perfect. (Crued, Amazon.com)

I'm new to Brazillian music that isn't by Sepultura, but from what I've heard so far, Jorge Ben is the definitive artist of the genre of samba. (Trashisawesome, Rate Your Music)

Simply, this CD transcend the frontiers of music. Perfect in musical content and in spiritual force, Tábua De Esmeralda is just a master piece! (Felipe Borelli Filho, Amazon.com)

This is perhaps the most organic album I've ever experienced, and among those select few records by which 'experience' is a more accurate verb than 'listen'. (londonrain, Rate Your Music)

Ben's best. A groovy masterpiece. (bborela, Rate Your Music)

Track List

01 - Os Alquimistas Estão Chegando os Alquimistas (Jorge Ben)
02 - O Homem da Gravata Florida (Jorge Ben)
03 - Errare Humanun Est (Jorge Ben)
04 - Menina Mulher da Pele Preta (Jorge Ben)
05 - Eu Vou Torcer (Jorge Ben)
06 - Magnólia (Jorge Ben)
07 - Minha Teimosia Uma Arma Pra Te Conquistar (Jorge Ben)
08 - Zumbi (Jorge Ben)
09 - Brother (Jorge Ben)
10 - O Namorado da Viúva (Jorge Ben)
11 - Hermes Trismegisto e Sua Celeste Tábua de Esmeralda (Jorge Ben / Fulcanelli)
12 - Cinco Minutos (Jorge Ben)