Friday, August 15, 2008

Marina - Simples como Fogo (1979)

Hello, good evening! Since Loronix started, I got the habit of listening to at least one LP daily. Sometimes I use to hear albums that I would never consider a candidate of being posted at Loronix. I got also the habit of making the transfer to digital, no matter for Loronix or for my personal collection.

My musical preferences are diversified. I like to hear rock and also love to take albums that bring me very good memory of the past. This is Marina debut LP, an artist never released before at Loronix and a singer that I like very much. It is also an album that brings back very good memories. I want to share these memories with this album that is really different from the music we use to hear at Loronix. Let’s see.

This is Marina – Simples como Fogo (1979), for WEA, the debut LP of Marina, a Brazilian singer, composer and musician with more than 20 albums released in Brazil and several successful tunes composed with Marina most regular partner, her brother and philosopher Antonio Cicero. Simples como Fogo starts with a track that worth the whole album, Marina rendition to Solidao by Dolores Duran, performed here as probably you never heard before. I’m really glad to share this album, but Simples como Fogo brings bad news, the white stripes at front and back cover. Perhaps my scanner has finally getting tired after thousand of cover scans. I hope you appreciate this album as I did today. Tracks include:

Personnel

Robson Jorge, Lincoln Olivetti (cool!)
(arrangements)
Perna Froes
(arrangements at Revolta)

Marina Lima
(voice, violao)
Picole
(drums)
Jamil Joanes
(bass)
Paulinho Soledade
(guitar)
Robson Jorge
(piano, oberhein, moog)
Lincoln Olivetti
(oberhein, moog)
Chiquinho do Acordeon
(accordion)
Sidinho
(percussion)
Marcio Montarroyos
(trumpet)
Ricardo Silvio
(sax)

Special Guests

Sergio Dias
(guitar at Memoria Fora de Hora, Não Há Cabeca, Tao Facil)
Paulo Cesar
(bass at Tao Facil)
Paulinho Braga
(drums at Revolta)
Arthur Verocai
(violao at Revolta)

Track List

01 - Solidão (Dolores Duran)
02 - Transas de Amor (Os Sonhos de Quem Ama) (Marina Lima / Antônio Cícero)
03 - A Chave do Mundo (Marina Lima / Antônio Cícero)
04 - Tão Fácil (Marina Lima / Antônio Cícero)
05 - Maneira de Ser (Marina Lima / Antônio Cícero)
06 - Revolta (Moraes Moreira)
07 - Literalmente Louca (Marina Lima / Maga)
08 - Não Há Cabeça (Ângela Roro)
09 - Memória Fora de Hora (Marina Lima / Antônio Cícero)
10 - Muito (Caetano Veloso)