Saturday, June 13, 2009

Moacyr Silva e Seu Conjunto - Sax Sensacional Nr. 5 (1964)

Hello, good evening! It is good to be back to Loronix after a long and unplanned break. The villain was that recurrent upload speed problem I now have on my new place. As I was really busy, I decided that a break would be appropriate to accelerate certain things here. Now it is time to resume Loronix. Fellows, I'm back and I'm back with some solid records in a row. Although unplugged, kept the habit of transferring old records, even as a kind of occupational therapy. Let's see.

This is Moacyr Silva e Seu Conjunto - Sax Sensacional Nr. 5 (1964), for Copacabana, which is the last album recorded by Moacyr Silva on his successful "Sax Sensacional" series of five albums, and the fourth of the series at Loronix. I really enjoyed this fifth volume, which unfortunately did not bring credits for the Conjunto members that certainly brings Chaim Lewak at the piano, delivering great duels with Moacyr Silva tenor sax. Tracks include:

PS.: A few years ago I decided to get rid of TV sets, but I decided to install a TV at home this week. I am positively impressed with the musical programming, which now shows Marisa Gata Mansa and Carlos Lyra singing Bossa Nova together. Good.


01 - Diz Que Fui Por Aí (Zé Keti / Hortêncio Rocha)
02 - Jogado Fora (João Mello)
03 - Fly Me To The Moon (In The Words) (B. Howard)
04 - Days Of Wine And Roses (Henry Mancini / J. Mercer)
05 - Garota de Icaraí (Avarese / Jean Pierre)
06 - Sabor a Mi (Álvaro Carrillo)
07 - I'm So In Love (H. Land)
08 - Eu Sei Tu Não Sabes (Carlito / Romeo Nunes)
09 - The Right Thing To Say (S. Gallop / Chester Cann)
10 - Bossa na Praia (Pery Ribeiro / Geraldo Cunha)
11 - Acorrentados (Encadenados) (C. A. Briz)
12 - Lado Bonito de Um Mal (Billy Blanco)

-->-->