Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sivuca - Bossa Nova (1968)

When I saw this LP at Caetano Rodrigues book, I found it very interesting, but I only realize that it was unique when Caetano came to Loronix and spoke with me about it. This is Sivuca - Bossa Nova (1968), for Reprise, perhaps the only LP release by Sivuca playing only acoustic guitar in all tracks.

As the title indicates, Sivuca visits well know Bossa Nova tunes on 14 tracks, singing and using his voice as an instrument in some tracks. I could not find were the recording session was performed. That's another self-explanatory release. Tracks include:

01 - Berimbau
02 - Garota de Ipanema
03 - So Danco Samba
04 - Fly me to the Moon
05 - Mas que Nada
06 - Samba de Verao
07 - Corcovado
08 - Samba de uma Nota So
09 - Meditacao
10 - Agua de Beber
11 - Um Homem e Uma Mulher
12 - A Felicidade
13 - Manha de Carnaval
14 - Samba de Orfeu