Friday, December 15, 2006

Chiquinho do Acordeon - Chiquinho, Seu Acordeon e Sua Orquestra (1961)

Let’s made this day a happy day, celebrating Sivuca with another artist that shares his passion for the accordion, Chiquinho do Acordeon, considered the Father of the modern accordion playing in Brazil.

The accordion was very popular in the 40's, until the early 60's. I remember my father asking me which instrument I would like to learn, the acoustic guitar or the accordion. It was really common at the times the choice of the accordion instead of the acoustic guitar as the first instrument in the childhood. By the way, my choice was the guitar.

I'm wondering if it was better playing first the accordion, such complex and rich instrument could provide myself a better initial music education.

You will have high quality music with Chiquinho do Acordeon - Chiquinho, Seu Acordeon e Sua Orquestra, for Odeon, another nice, unique and hard to find release provided by our great friend Caetano Rodrigues. Tracks include:

01 - Chora Tua Tristeza
02 - Samba Triste
03 - Era Bom
04 - Inteirinha
05 - Espere um Pouco Mais
06 - Minha Seras Eternamente
07 - Tete
08 - Esquecendo Voce
09 - Dindi
10 - Esmeralda
11 - Serenata Suburbana
12 - Guarda Che Luna (Olha que Lua)