Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tamba Trio - Tempo (1964)

I was thinking about a repost showing something really great and solid to several new friends that came to Loronix in the last weeks. Tamba Trio was in my mind and I was convinced that we had no missing "essentials" Tamba Trio records to show. I was wrong. It is unbelievable that I never consider this great records, one of the best releases of this great Trio lead by Luiz Eca. This will be really cool. I hope you have the same pleasure hearing this album that I had to hear again and show to Loronixers.

This is Tamba Trio - Tempo (1964), for Philips, featuring Luiz Eca (arrangements, musical direction and piano), Bebeto Castilho (bass) and Helcio Milito (drums). I like to associate events and Caetano asked for saying to Loronixers to do not miss the concert where this LP was released, which is E Tempo de Musica Moderna (1965), here. For those who did not miss that nice Caetano's release, it is now clear and easy to understand the association of the word Tempo on both albums. This is truly self-explanatory. Stay with Tamba Trio while I'm coming back to watch Wilson Simonal video again. Tracks include:

01 - Borandá (Edu Lobo)
02 - Nuvens (Durval Ferreira / Maurício Einhorn)
03 - Se Eu Pudesse Voltar (Luis Bonfá / Maria Helena Toledo)
04 - Barumbá (Luis Eça / Bebeto)
05 - Pregão (Sergio Ricardo / Carlos Diegues)
06 - Danielle (Luis Eça / Bebeto)
07 - Berimbau (Baden Powell / Vinicius de Moraes)
08 - O Amor Em Paz (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
09 - Morte de Um Deus de Sal (Roberto Menescal / Ronaldo Bôscoli)
10 - Yansã (Luis Eça / Bebeto)
11 - Consolação (Baden Powell / Vinicius de Moraes)
12 - Moto Contínuo (Radamés Gnattali)