Monday, March 05, 2007

Joao Gilberto - Amoroso (1977)

Joao Gilberto. How long we did not see this legendary artist at Loronix? I don't know and I do not want to know, just because Joao Gilberto is back to Loronix, on a very unique way, selected by Caetano Rodrigues with surgeon gloves. Actually, since Caetano and zecalouro have decided to make a Joao Gilberto album, there was some dispute to decide the right pick to Loronixers. My choice was another LP. However, when Caetano said this is the one with the extraordinary Joao Gilberto rendition for Estate, it was automatically decided, discussion over, this is one of the songs that I like most from Joao Discography and I'm sure you will also enjoy it, including the video bellow.

This is Joao Gilberto - Amoroso (1977), for WEA, 39 minutes of perfection, divided in 8 tracks. Joao Gilberto music is to be listened with speakerphones, alone and with the lights out. There is nothing like his voice, perfect voice, such like an instrument, flawless and gorgeous. Amoroso is arranged by Claus Ogerman and was a serious candidate to win a Grammy Award of the best album in a late 70's edition. Caetano asked zecalouro to research for more details on it. Sorry friend, I'm hearing the master right now and I'm paralyzed. I can only move my fingers. Loronixers can make that this time. Tracks include:

01 - 's Wonderful (George Gershwin / Ira Gershwin)
02 - Estate (Bruno Martino / Bruno Brighetti)
03 - Tim Tim Por Tim Tim (Haroldo Barbosa / Geraldo Jacques)
04 - Besame Mucho (Consuelo Velasquez)
05 - Wave (Tom Jobim)
06 - Caminho Cruzados (Tom Jobim / Newton Mendonça)
07 - Triste (Tom Jobim)
08 - Zingaro (Tom Jobim / Chico Buarque)