Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Moacyr Marques - Novo Sabor

Hello, good evening! I use to start the day with a story or something that happened with zecalouro or me during the day. Today I will start different, straightforward; I want to show as fast as I can a wonderful contribution of the always-surprising Marcelo Munhoz from Sambasonics.

Marcelo got this album from a friend a couple of years ago, it is a widely unknown LP, Caetano never saw it. Actually, he didn't know the existence. I've been searching on discographies for this piece and I could not find a single line about it. Let's see.

This is Moacyr Marques - Novo Sabor (no date), for Musidisc. Moacyr Marques, also known as Biju, is an arranger and sax player, active until today. Among several professional accomplishments, Moacyr Marques has participated on several records of renowned Brazilian and international artists, such as: Chico Buarque, Elizeth Cardoso, Gulherme Arantes, Charles Aznavour, Andy William, Sarah Voughan, Billy Eckstine, Michel Legrand, among others. As Maestro, Moacyr Marques was in charge of Elizeth Cardoso support group during her last 10 years of life. Thanks Marcelo, Caetano and Loronixers will be thrilled with your contribution. Tracks include:

01 - Stop Us
02 - Whipped Cream
03 - A Volta
04 - Help
05 - A Hard Day's Night
06 - The Night Before
07 - Novo Sabor
08 - Ticket to Ride
09 - All my Love
10 - Tema do Nenem
11 - A Taste of Honey
12 - E que tudo mais va pro Inferno