Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dick Farney - Um Piano ao Cair da Tarde (1974)

I was not planning to show friends another Dick Farney today. I was pretty tired and decided to take a nap one hour ago listening this album. It is beautiful. I never heard this Dick Farney, recommended by cvllos a couple of days ago. So I decided to make it, since I want to write about it with the same feelings and good vibrations I had in the last 35 minutes while listening.

This is Dick Farney - Um Piano ao Cair da Tarde (1974), for Odeon, featuring Dick Farney and piano, only, performing a repertoire of American standards. What can I say? Once again, self-explanatory. Everything works fine with this instrumental Dick Farney album, followed by Um Piano ao Cair da Tarde Vol. 2, that I'm looking for months. Additionally, a music video is included with Dick Farney at one of his most successful interpretations, Alguem Como Tu (Jose Maria de Abreu / Jair Amorim). Dick Farney is really essential. Tracks include:

01 - Tenderly (J. Lawrence / W. Gross)
02 - As Time Goes By (H. Hupfeld)
03 - The Man I Love (Ira Gershwin / George Gershwin)
04 - All Te Things You Are (Kern / O. Hammerstein II)
05 - The More I See You (H. Warren / M. Gordon)
06 - I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You (Bassman / Washington)
07 - Moonglow (W. Hudson / De Lange / I. Mills)
08 - Laura (J. Mercer / D. Raksin)
09 - Over The Rainbow (Harold Arlen / E. J. Harburg)
10 - What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life (Michel Legrand / A. Bergman / M. Bergman)
11 - Misty (Errol Garner / J. Burke)
12 - The Shadow Of Your Smile (J. Mandel / Paul Francis Webster)
13 - Here's That Rainy Day (J. Burke / J. Van Heusen)