Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Leo Peracchi | Leo Peracchi e Suas Cordas Cariocas - Sambas e Violinos (1958)

Hello, Good Night! I'm very happy that I only need to write at Loronix, not speak as a radio station. I'm speechless. I'm an old parrot and the last time I get in touch with a home scanner, probably most of you were on short paints. That's why I never took in consideration a scanner at Loronix, they were expensive and the results were draft low-resolution images. However, Caetano sent wonderful covers on this package and I was really disturbed with the pictures I was taking with my digital camera.

Loronix is now equipped with an entry-level scanner, we are not an enterprise, so I decided to make it through the cheapest I could find. So far, the results are breathtaking. I will make some testings in the next hour before starting Caetano's post. I could not resist getting a beautiful cover for a scan - I'm a curious parrot - and this is the outcome. What do you think? My only issue now is connecting two images without visible separation. The scanner is smaller than an LP.

If anyone knows how to make it, feel free, but do not worry. We have time. Caetano's covers are CD size, so we will not have this kind of issue to address today. Sorry about the scanner bla bla bla, I'm very happy with this new feature and I use to communicate open and honestly with Loronix friends.

This is Leo Peracchi | Leo Peracchi e Suas Cordas Cariocas - Sambas e Violinos (1958), for Odeon. I'm making available a further reissue made by Odeon subsidiary Imperial, which I could not gather release date, my better estimate is the mid 60's. Little is know about this session; Maestro Leo Peracchi assembled a big orchestra with more than 100 musicians. It was a big challenge to make this session with the resources of that time.

Stay with Leo Peracchi while zecalouro coordinates the forthcoming Caetano's posts of the day. Stay tuned. Tracks include:

01 - Conceição (Dunga / Jair Amorim)
02 - Se Você Jurar (Ismael Silva / Nilton Bastos / Francisco Alves)
03 - Saia do Meu Caminho (Custódio Mesquita / Evaldo Ruy)
04 - Na Batucada da Vida (Ary Barroso / Luis Peixoto)
05 - Canção da Volta (Ismael Netto / Antônio Maria)
06 - Falta de Consciência (Ary Barroso)
07 - Ai Que Saudades da Amélia (Ataulfo Alves / Mário Lago)
08 - Ai Ioiô (Linda Flor) (Henrique Vogeler)
09 - Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos "Bide" / Armando "Marçal")
10 - Canção de Amor (Elano de Paula / Chocolate)
11 - Sentinela Alerta (Ary Barroso)
12 - Maria Boa (Assis Valente)