Saturday, December 02, 2006

Luiz de Eca - Um Piano na Madrugada (1956)

Perhaps zecalouro is happy with the good news received today, Loronix Store, just opened, very important to guarantee Loronix up-and-running. The new equipment I received to bring more music to Loronix. Anyway, I so happy that I decided to pick some rare picks from Caetano Rodrigues to share with Loronix and celebrate December and Christmas.

Meet this very hard to find LP, Luiz Eca - Um Piano na Madrugada (1956), for Copacabana, the second Eca LP'10, released after Uma Noite no Plaza (1955), already available at Loronix. Um Piano na Madrugada is exactly what the title is about. I do not drink, but when I hear this record, I feel that mood of going to a nightclub to hear a piano and drink whiskey. Nice atmosphere.

Um Piano na Madrugada is Luiz Eca (piano), Ed Lincoln, Vidal (bass) and Juquinha (drums). Thanks once again Caetano, Loronixers will get really pleased with this release. Tracks include:

01 - Secret Love (Fain / Paul Francis Webster)
02 - Molambo (Jaime Florence "Meira" / Augusto Mesquita)
03 - If I Had You (Shapiro / Campbell / Connelly)
04 - Inspiração (Henrique Hazan)
05 - Na Madrugada (Nilo Sergio)
06 - Felicidade (Garoto / Haroldo Barbosa)
07 - Você Não Sabe Amar (Dorival Caymmi / Carlos Guinle / Hugo Lima)
08 - Out Of Nowhere (J. W. Green / E. Heyman)