Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sergio Mendes - Sergio Mendes' Favorite Things (1967)

I think my Sergio Mendes education is over with the release of this brand new contribution from Caetano Rodrigues, or at least "phase one" education has gone to a term. A couple of days before I understood my worries about Sergio Mendes, blame it on the Arara album with a Macaw at the cover with the wings clipped on a way I never saw before. Who knows later I show you this album, widely unknown Sergio Mendes LP.

This is Sergio Mendes - Sergio Mendes' Favorite Things (1967), for Atlantic. I decided to do not make any kind of research about Favorite Things and based on I heard this is another "transitional" Sergio Mendes album from the Bossa Nova oriented years to the late more "commercial" Sergio Mendes. The Favorite Things title suggests a compilation; anyway, Caetano should bring more clarification tomorrow when I reach him by phone, although I'm sure I will wake up with several comments waiting for approval. Tracks include:

01 - My Favorite Things(R. Rodgers / O. Hammerstein II)
02 - Tempo Feliz (Baden Powell / Vinicius de Moraes)
03 - Ponteio (Edu Lobo / Capinan)
04 - Veleiro (Edu Lobo / Torquato Neto)
05 - A Banda (Chico Buarque)
06 - I Say a Little Prayer (Burt Bacharach / H. David)
07 - Comin' Home Baby (B. Tucker / B. Dorough)
08 - Boa Palavra (Caetano Veloso)
09 - O Mar É Meu Chão (Dori Caymmi / Nelson Motta)
10 - So What's New (J. Pisano)


-->

-->-->-->