Saturday, September 15, 2007

Aracy de Almeida - Noel Rosa | 78rpm (1950)

Let's start this Samba Saturday at Loronix with a classy album, awaited by several Loronixers since it was presented months ago. I was very reluctant to make this album, since it is a gift given by a very special friend on a very special day, my first flight to Sao Paulo as zecalouro. It was also my first chance to meet Caetano Rodrigues.

I want to say thank you, thank you, and thank you to Mr. W. He was the first Loronixer I could meet in Sao Paulo and I will never forget the support and this beautiful gift he gave and I kindly present here to Loronixers.

This is Aracy de Almeida - Noel Rosa | 78rpm (1950), for Continental, which is a "box set" featuring three different Aracy de Almeida 78rpm recordings with Noel Rosa compositions. The three discs were recorded for the occasion; they are numbered in a sequence as 16317-A-B, 16318-A-B and 16319-A-B. Maestro Radames Gnattali is in charge of arrangements and three different groups back Aracy de Almeida on each disc, the first one features Quarteto Continental, the second has Francisco Sergi e Sua Orquestra and the third brings Vero e Sua Orquestra. My apologies to the friends who were waiting several months for this release, this collection is truly amazing and now I understand their worry. Tracks include:

01 - Palpite Infeliz (Noel Rosa) - Quarteto Continental
02 - Conversa de Botequim (Noel Rosa / Vadico) - Quarteto Continental
03 - Feitico da Vila (Noel Rosa / Vadico) - Francisco Sergi e Sua Orquestra
04 - Ultimo Desejo (Noel Rosa) - Francisco Sergi e Sua Orquestra
05 - Nao Tem Traducao (Noel Rosa) - Vero e Sua Orquestra
06 - O x do Problema (Noel Rosa) - Vero e Sua Orquestra