Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sivuca & Toots Thielemans - Chiko's Bar (1986)

I was looking for this album since Loronix beginning and I found it with cvllos on a given vinyl expedition last month. The price was 1 Real (US$ .50) and when you find something you want by this price you just take it with no checking. First thing I did when arrived home was to put it to spin and I got scared when I saw a blue Copacabana label in the center of the vinyl and the word of Bienvenido Granda as main performer.

Parrots have no patience and are really focused. Then I remembered that someone sent it a long time ago as a contribution and I could not make it without the cover scans. That's why we have here a blend of my cover with the files sent by a friend that did a pretty nice work. Let's see.

This is Sivuca & Toots Thielemans - Chiko's Bar (1986), for Sonet. I thought this album was a live recording of a concert at Chiko's Bar nightclub, but it is an studio session, part of a project called “Rendez vous in Rio", developed by Sonet producer Rune Ofwerman. Top-notch Brazilian musicians were in this session, as described at personnel listing, just before tracks. Tracks include:

Personnel

Sivuca
(accordion, vocal)
Toots Thielemans
(harmonica)
Luiz Avelar
(keyboards)
Luizao
(bass)
Ricardo Silveira
(guitar)
Paulinho Braga
(drums)
Ohana, Marcal
(percussion)
Clarence Ofwerman
(synthesizer, arrangements)

Track List

01 - I Just Called To Sy I Love You (Stevie Wonder)
02 - Vai Passar (Francis Hime / Chico Buarque de Hollanda)
03 - Sandra (Luiz Avellar)
04 - Imagine (John Lennon)
05 - Out of Nowhere (Eddie Heyman / Johnny Green)
06 - Pela Luz dos Olhos Teus (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
07 - There's no Greater Love (Johnny Spencer)
08 - Luz do Sol (Caetano Veloso)