Monday, February 04, 2008

Maysa - Ando So Numa Multidao de Amores (1970)

The first thing I want to say is THANKS JOAO-SP for providing us such great contributions. JOAO-SP sent us more than 30 LPs; they are all new to our community, such as this beauty recorded by Maysa, one of the greatest Brazilian divas, not released at Loronix since May 2007. I had also some difficulty to realize this album was not a book, a Maysa biography written by Lira Neto last year. I cannot remember this album being released on CD and I cannot understand why it was not released together with the book, since both shares the same title. Let's see.

This is Maysa - Ando So Numa Multidao de Amores (1971), for Philips. Little I know about this album, except it is produced and directed by Roberto Menescal and arranged by Luiz Eca and Roberto Menescal. I think Luiz Eca also delivers piano playing to Maysa, perhaps our great friend Thiago Mello from Bossa Brasileira, who knows everything about Maysa, can add something on top of my text. I think we will be on great company with Maysa. I wish to send a great Carnaval Monday to friends from Brazil and a great week start to everybody. Tracks include:

01 - Molambo (Jaime Florence "Meira" / Augusto Mesquita)
02 - Yo Sin Ti (Arturo Castro)
03 - Me Deixe Só (Roberto Menescal / Maysa)
04 - Chuvas de Verão (Fernando Lobo)
05 - Três Lágrimas (Ary Barroso)
06 - Assim na Terra Como no Céu (Roberto Menescal / Nonato Buzar / Paulinho Tapajós)
07 - Eu (Marcos Valle / Paulo Sergio Valle)
08 - Suas Mãos (Pernambuco / Antônio Maria)
09 - Bonita (Tom Jobim / Ray Gilbert)
10 - Resposta (Maysa)
11 - Que Eu Canse e Descanse (Marcos Valle / Paulo Sergio Valle)
12 - As Praias Desertas (Tom Jobim)
13 - Quando Chegares (Carlos Lyra)