Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dorival Caymmi - Cancoes Praieiras (1954)

I was very frustrated for not being able to repost Cancoes Praieiras, which is Dorival Caymmi masterpiece, at least in my humble opinion. I was reluctant to make a copy of my vinyl, he is not on ideal conditions in terms of media and cover artwork, but the chances to get this one on a nice shape is really small, so I decided to make my best effort on a restoration, but I was not able to make it with no background noise. I'm making it in respect of several friends who have been requesting this one gathering my original text from August 2006. Let's see.

This is Dorival Caymmi - Cancoes Praieiras (1954), for Odeon, a superb and extremely beautiful featuring Dorival Caymmi and his violao. Cancoes Praieiras was recorded 54 years ago and remains fresh as yesterday. The 10-inch format delivers a short 23 minutes duration time with only eight songs. Tracks include:

01 - Quem Vem Pra Beira do Mar (Dorival Caymmi)
02 - O "Bem" do Mar (Dorival Caymmi)
03 - O Mar (Dorival Caymmi)
04 - Pescaria (Canoeiro) (Dorival Caymmi)
05 - É Doce Morrer no Mar (Dorival Caymmi)
06 - A Jangada Voltou Só (Dorival Caymmi)
07 - Lenda do Abaete (Dorival Caymmi)
08 - Saudade de Itapoã (Dorival Caymmi)

Attention: Music files are now updated, courtesy AdHoc, that Rocks! Thanks also Alvinho, cvllos and all other friends made available their music to us.