Monday, July 16, 2007

Milton Banana Trio - Milton Banana Trio (1965)

I'm reposting this album to address several requests for a better quality. Friends were right, the original vinyl transfer was not well done and this one is really improved. Actually, it is nice to see this album on top again; it is one of Milton Banana Trio albums that I like most. I will keep the original text, written in December 2006.

Hope uEnjoy!

I had a meeting downtown this morning that was very closed to some old vinyl shops. I left home to this meeting repeating a mantra in my head: "I will not go to the vinyl shops..", "I will not go to the vinyl shops..". However, when I left the meeting, my body was separated from my brain and such like a tractor ray or a magnet, in a matter of five minutes I found myself with dirty fingers browsing LPs.

When I put my hands on Milton Banana Trio - Milton Banana Trio (1965), for Imperial, I asked the shopkeeper if this LP was rare or not. The answer made me fell very proud, he said: "It is rare, you will not see it even in Loronix or sabadabada...”

Well, not any more, I hope he cannot remember my face in the next time. As you can see by the cover, conditions were not ideal and I had to make some extra work to clean up everything, I’m afraid if some eventual click or clack occurs. However, it is a wonderful record from an early Milton Banana and his Samba Jazz combo, which is Milton Banana (drums), Wanderley (piano) and Guara (bass). This is the later Imperial edition. Tracks include:

01 - Garota de Ipanema (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
02 - Primitivo (Sergio Mendes)
03 - Samba de Verão (Marcos Valle / Paulo Sergio Valle)
04 - Primavera (Carlos Lyra / Vinicius de Moraes)
05 - Nanã (Moacir Santos / Mário Telles)
06 - Samba do Avião (Tom Jobim)
07 - Minha Saudade (João Gilberto / João Donato)
08 - Ela É Carioca (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
09 - Sambou Sambou (João Mello / João Donato)
10 - Noa Noa (Sergio Mendes)
11 - Inútil Paisagem (Tom Jobim / Aloysio de Oliveira)
12 - Samblues (Durval Ferreira / Maurício Einhorn)