Friday, January 19, 2007

Elis Regina e Conjunto de Cesar Camargo Mariano - Live in Tokyo (1979)

I spoke with Caetano a few hours ago and I'm happy to made that call. Caetano remembered me an important date, Elis Regina passing twenty-five years ago. It seems it was yesterday. I remember this day, I was playing guitar at my grandfather's house with a group of friend when the new came from someone who told us. I was very young to understand what would be Elis Regina's passing along the forthcoming decades, but I got really sad, as I use to be everytime we heard about an artist passing.

Caetano said that would be a shame if Loronix does not make anything to remember Elis Regina and that's what we decided to do. This is Elis Regina e Conjunto de Cesar Camargo Mariano - Ao Vivo em Tokyo (1979), for Loronix Records (I could not resist, sorry!). Actually, this is not an Elis Regina career record, but the recording of her performance with Cesar Camargo Mariano on a live presentation made in Tokyo, 1979. I received this recording from a friend and the quality is pretty good.

Conjunto de Cesar Camargo Mariano accompanies Elis Regina and includes Cesar Camargo Mariano (piano), Helio Delmiro (guitar), Luizao (bass), Paulinho Braga (drums) and Chico Batera (percussion). The cover artwork is by zecalouro. If someone can prepare a better one, we will be pleased; if possible, we can replace this one. No tracks this time, but you will have 41 minutes of Elis Regina on a recording that probably nobody could hear before.



Elis Regina deserves more, so I'm showing the first songs performed by Elis at Montreux Jazz Festival.