Monday, September 03, 2007

Luiz Arruda Paes e Sua Grande Orquestra - Brasil Norte a Sul (1958)

Hello, Good Evening. This album was one of the hardest restorations ever made by Loronix. I have others that would be hard as this one, but as a fan of Maestro Luiz Arruda Paes, I decided to put my hands to work on it, no matter how long and how hard it would be. Now I'm happy with the results, this beautiful cover was full of mud and probably received water several times. To give you an idea, I could only understand the girl was scratching the head of a macaw when I finished the scan. It was only a red region.

Anyway, this is a Luiz Arruda Paes album, not the first 1958 issue, titled Luiz Arruda Paes e Sua Grande Orquestra - Brasil Norte a Sul (1958), Odeon as MOCB 3021, but an Imperial (Odeon subsidiary) mid 60's reissue.

This is Luiz Arruda Paes e Sua Grande Orquestra - Brasil Norte a Sul (1958), for Odeon. I decided to keep the album title and original release date since they speak a lot about the album. Brazil de Norte a Sul has a concept, which is to show the music from several Brazilian regions. The record opens with the Northeast region and then Luiz Arruda Paes starts visiting all major Brazilian states on each track. I hope you have a nice time with this album as I did this week. I did not have muscle to clear the back cover, so I'm including it with no image processing, sorry. Tracks include:

01 - Mulhé Rendeira (Tradicional)
02 - Vassourinhas (Mathias da Rocha / Joana Batista Ramos)
03 - Cidade Maravilhosa (André Filho)
04 - Onde o Céu Azul É Mais Azul (João de Barro / Alberto Ribeiro)
05 - Peixe Vivo (Tradicional)
06 - Negrinho do Pastoreio (Barbosa Lessa)
07 - Exaltação à Bahia (Vicente Paiva / Chianca de Garcia)
08 - Perfil de São Paulo (Bezerra)
09 - Canta Brasil (David Nasser / Alcyr Pires Vermelho)
10 - Barqueiro de São Francisco (Alcyr Pires Vermelho / Alberto Ribeiro)
11 - "Lendas Amazônicas" Tambatajá (Waldemar Henrique) Cobra Grande (Waldemar Henrique) Foi Boto Sinhá (Waldemar Henrique / Antônio Tavernard)
12 - Rei Bantu (Luis Gonzaga / Zé Dantas)