Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Miltinho - Quanto Mais Samba Melhor (1967)

I know this album fits better on a given weekend Samba day; however, I had no chance but make it today. I took a time today to dig an unknown old record store in Rio de Janeiro. When I was leaving the store, I heard two guys talking something about Loronix and this time I decided to introduce myself as zecalouro. They did not believe, they thought I was kidding, when I said: "OK, let's make like this, tonight I will make this album available there, so you will believe". I just retrieved the first one in my hand. I hope they are smiling now.

This is Miltinho - Quanto Mais Samba Melhor (1967), for Odeon, an album that I did not know the existence, featuring arrangements by Maestro Nelsinho and Maestro Lyrio Panicalli, in charge of tracks 01 - Manchete, 06 - Viver and 12 - Historia de Uma Roseira Triste. This is a very well produced album that I hope will give you high quality entertainment. Tracks include:

01 - Manchete (Cidamar)
02 - Lampião Vadio (Luis Reis / Luis Antônio)
03 - Onde a Terra Começa (Luis Reis / Luis Antônio)
04 - Mais Um Triste Carnaval (Raul Mascarenhas / Haroldo Barbosa)
05 - O Lindo de Você (Carlito / J. Santos)
06 - Viver (Newton Braz)
07 - Telefone no Morro (João Roberto Kelly)
08 - Chorar Em Colorido (Silvio Silva / Fernando César)
09 - Bicho Papão (Catulo de Paula)
10 - Aqui Eu Hei de Morrer (Niltinho)
11 - Samba do Pingo D'água (Raul Mascarenhas / Haroldo Barbosa)
12 - História de Uma Roseira Triste (Silvino Neto)