Monday, August 06, 2007

Conjunto Farroupilha - Conjunto Farroupilha (EP 45rpm)

Wonderful. I always thought I was right to pick some singles and EPs, but this album makes me feel that I'm 100% right. There are several treasures to discover on these little records and this one is a great surprise. Never gave a chance to it and when I gave it a spin today it was magic.

This is Os Farroupilhas - Os Farroupilhas EP 45rpm, for Columbia, featuring four tracks of pure beauty, nice repertoire and amazing voice arrangements. Little I know about this album, such as personnel and even release date, perhaps it was made in the early 60’s; it has much of Bossa Nova on it. Tracks include:

01 - Nunca (Lupscinio Rodrigues)
02 - Noites de Moscou (D.P. arrangements & Lyrics Inah Bangel)
03 - Sabado em Copacabana (Dorival Caymmi / Carlos Guinle)
04 - Meu Rio Grande (Garoto)