Thursday, August 09, 2007

Flora Purim - Midnight Sun (1989)

Hello, Good Evening! I friend of mine made a question today that I could not answer promptly, he asked why Flora Purim does not have more albums at Loronix besides her debut album, which is Flora Purim - Flora e M.P.M. (1964). I think the reason is availability, Flora Purim and Airto Moreira moved to the US in the late 60's, being there since them building their careers and most of Flora Purim albums are commercially available with a few exceptions, such like this one. Let's see.

This is Flora Purim - Midnight Sun (1988), for Sigem/CID, originally issued in US as Flora Purim - The Midnight Sun (1988), for Venture/Virgin records. Cover artworks of both issues are completely different; track listing brings the same songs, arranged on a different order. I'm not the perfect parrot to speak about Flora Purim albums released in US, except technical info, made available bellow. I will the album with you, please leave your thoughts on comment section; I need education on Flora Purim. Tracks and personnel are given per track this time. Tracks include:

Side A


Side B