Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wilson Simonal - Promo EP (1970)

This one was by accident; I found this little record today inside a bunch of old Brazilian magazines sold by an old lady close to my place. She didn't know about the album and I had to buy the magazine for one Real to take it home. I think I did a nice deal, the EP never was played before and I could not wait longer to show Loronixers. Let's see.

This is Wilson Simonal - Promo EP (1970), for Odeon. Shell - the UK oil and gas company - when sponsored the V Festival Internacional da Cancao probably freely distributed this record. The EP feature three songs, the anthem of the festival, Cada um Cumpra com o Seu Dever, both arranged by Lyrio Panicalli and Brasil, Eu Fico (Jorge Ben). Tracks include:

01 - Hino do V Festival Internacional da Cancao (Miguel Gustavo)
02 - Brasil, Eu Fico (Jorge Ben)
03 - Que Cada um Cumpra com o Seu Dever (Wilson Simonal)